Friday 28 October 2011

Why is it that Life takes over just when you're starting to get somewhere with your writing?

I've been at a standstill for some weeks now, bar the odd scribble in my 'ideas book'. Too much has been happening on the Life front, making it impossible to focus on my writing at present, but I'm sure it will provide some useful material in the future.
Perhaps the task I've been set by my writing group will get me kick-started? I've been set the challenge to come up with a scary story for Hallowe'en this Monday, but I'm just not feeling inspired! I'd better read a couple of ghost stories and/or watch a scary film to get me into the right frame of mind.
On the plus side, I'm £50 richer than yesterday, thanks to a bank mix-up. So, yesterday's 'wasted morning' where R. and I spent an hour in the bank waiting for the Business Account bod to turn up turned out to be rather worthwhile after all!
All we need now is somewhere suitable to live. The housing market is so stagnant we're contemplating a part-ex on a house that's not even built yet - now that's a scary prospect!

2 comments: